Everybody knows that their teeth are important to take care of, but not everyone recognizes the role gum health plays as the foundation of the teeth. You probably know how important it is to take care of both your teeth and gums to promote overall mouth health: That’s why you’re here looking for the best electric toothbrush for gums.
Finding a toothbrush that can keep gums free from plaque problems is key, and these three brushes can do just that. Let’s take a closer look at some of the top electric toothbrush options for gum health by looking at each of their features, pros, and cons.
Best Electric Toothbrush for Gums Reviews
1. Philips Sonicare 3 Series HX6631
Philips is known as one of the best electric toothbrush makers, and their 3-Series stands up to that name with ease. The HX6631 model, in particular, comes equipped with a few features that are not easily found on other toothbrushes.
The sonic-powered bristle movement allows 31,000 brush strokes per minute. The powerful oscillation creates a deep clean that is not possible with a normal toothbrush. Additionally, there are three different intensity settings, so even if you have sensitive gums, you’ll be able to power through in comfort.
If you’re a first-time electric brush user, you will appreciate that this brush has a feature that ramps up the intensity over a week of brushing. Using an electric toothbrush can feel strange at first, so this feature eases you through the adjustment period.
Finally, this toothbrush has both a timer and a pacer installed. With these two tools, you’ll be alerted every thirty seconds to ensure even brushing across all surfaces of the teeth. Additionally, there is a two-minute timer that runs so that you can ensure you brush your teeth for as long as you should be brushing them every single time.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable electric toothbrush, HX6631
- The most loved rechargeable electric toothbrush brand by Americans and their dentists
- Improves gum health up to 100 percent better than a manual toothbrush
- Removes up to 6x more plaque along the gumline vs. a manual toothbrush
- Three intensity settings for a gentle and comfortable brushing experience
- Patented sonic technology delivers up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute
- Only need to be charged every four to five weeks
- Cleans plaque quickly and easily
- Doesn’t hurt mouth or gums
- Helps teach good brushing practices
- Charging nightly kills long-term battery life
- Grip piece slips easily
- High-speed pulse too strong for some
- Sonic speed brush cleans teeth and gum line at multiple speeds without causing pain or discomfort
- Outfitted with features like the two-minute timer and 30-second quad pacer to help teach good brushing practices
- Easy to charge, but charging too frequently can hurt its battery life
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
2. PURES Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The PURES Sonic Electric Toothbrush provides oscillating, sonic brush power while also having a few different cleaning modes that can work well for different care situations.
One of the best things about this brush is the five modes: daily care, whiten, deep clean, sensitive, and gum care. Depending on what your mouth health is like or what area of the mouth you are cleaning, you can adjust the mode appropriately. That ability makes it super easy to get the right clean.
Other interesting features include the timer and pressure sensors. The timer helps you brush for the right amount of time, while the pressure sensor lets you know if you are brushing too hard or not hard enough. In the end, your teeth enjoy a thorough, safe clean.
Speaking of pressure, this brush doesn’t abrade against your teeth as hard as some brands do. It vibrates more rapidly, but the pressure is reduced from many models. This may cause it to feel different on your teeth, but it’s still very effective.
Sonic Electric Toothbrush Travel Rechargeable for Superior Dental Hygiene Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean Oral Health Micropulse Bristles with 4 Replacement Heads - Black
- --6 hours charge 100 days use!!!--- Electric toothbrush with 2 minutes timing and 30 seconds remind system, reminds you to change places and wash ends in time helping you brush for the recommended brushing time, and achieve amazing results
- Pain relief toothbrush head with micropulse bristles for a superior and interdental clean vs a regular manual toothbrush
- 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break up plaque and remove more plaque along the gumline than a regular manual toothbrush
- Rechargeable toothbrush with 100 days use after 6 hours charging and 4 units replacement heads, great item for travel
- 5 modes oral care toothbrush: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean
- Battery indicator light makes it easy to know when to charge
- Battery life lasts for more than 100 days
- Includes four replacement brush heads
- Sleek, waterproof design
- Difference between modes not noticeable to everyone
- Not as powerful as some other electric brushes
- Not compatible with many brush heads
- High-tech, oscillating brush that has both timers and pressure sensors to ensure you brush your teeth and gums properly
- Offers five different brushing modes but is not as powerful as some big-name brushes
- Includes replacement brush heads, but finding more replacements may be hard
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
3. Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries
Oral-B is another solid name in the world of oral health care. From floss to toothbrushes, they make many products that help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 from their SmartSeries line is a pricey electric toothbrush, but it has many features that give you the necessary bang for your buck. First, it comes equipped with Oral-B’s Cross Action brush heads, which provide a high-quality and precise clean due to the angled bristles.
This model also has six modes: daily clean, gum care, sensitive, deep clean, whitening, and tongue cleaner. Each of this mode can be used while you take care of your mouth, and you can be sure that you are providing proper brushing style to each area with ease.
Finally, this brush has good durability. Even if you drop it, this model continues to function well. In many cases, you may see three to four years of regular use out of the Oral-B Pro 7000 without any issues.
Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush with 3 Replacement Brush Heads, Bluetooth Connectivity and Travel Case, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- Real time feedback with the Oral B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time, motivates with helpful oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard. A full charge can take up to 24 hours
- Made of different high tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for a precise clean
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100 percentage more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner
- Speed Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features Specially designed seals and gaskets keep the Oral B 7000 water tolerant to 500 millibars of pressure and it removes 300 percentage more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual brush
- Small brush head helps with precision cleaning
- Holds charge for about two to three weeks
- Can easily buy and install replacement brush heads
- Can connect to a timer and phone app via Bluetooth
- Makes a loud noise while in use
- No indicator of which brush setting is currently in use
- Presses relatively firmly even on sensitive setting
- Expensive, but the price pays off with the added features
- Six different modes allow for tackling all areas of the mouth, but firm pressure can be too much for some sensitive users
- The Equipped Cross Action brush head has great precision and finding replacement heads is easy and affordable.
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
Among these options for the best electric toothbrush for gums, we give the nod to the Philips Sonicare 3 Series HX6631 as the smartest option. At a mid-range, affordable price, it offers all of the features that you need to keep your teeth and gum in good health with regular, easy brushing. Plus, it fine-tunes good dental habits.
If you’re willing to splurge for a brush that rotates faster and has more precise brushes, consider the Oral-B Pro 7000 model. The higher price affords a few extra features, but not so many that it clearly beats out the Philips Sonicare 3 Series as the right choice.